Mechanical Design Engineer
Sapphire designs systems, modules and software for automatic in process and end of line x-ray Inspection. These are sold globally to major food, pharmaceutical and process equipment suppliers. The resources include software, electronic design, logic array development, mechanical design and documentation.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to supervise a small team of design engineers and to focus on the mechanical design of our equipment.
Main job responsibilities and duties:
Working closely with the development team, the main objective is to provide robust designs of new machines to clients and ensuring smooth transfer to our manufacturing group.
- assessing project requirements
- measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- forming Bill of Materials
- using computer-aided design/modelling software
- liaising with suppliers
- presenting designs to managers and clients
- testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- writing reports and documentation
- providing technical advice
- analysing and interpreting data
- supervising team of two other design engineers to ensure accuracy and integrity of designs
Qualifications and Skills
Degree in a relevant subject such as mechanical, or manufacturing engineering.
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and team working skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org