Software Design Engineer
Part of the Cheyney group of companies, Sapphire Inspection Systems is a dynamic technology and manufacturing business based near Royston, Hertfordshire.
Sapphire designs systems, modules and software for automatic in process and end of line x-ray inspection. These are sold globally to major food, pharmaceutical and process equipment suppliers. The resources include software, electronic design, logic array development, mechanical design and documentation.
We are looking for a Software Design Engineer to design custom application solutions for real-time visual processing on a variety of category and product types.
As an early member of growing team, this role offers great opportunity for career growth and personal progression.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Working in our R&D team with experienced engineers you will create bespoke software plug-ins and develop our mature code base for x-ray image analysis of our customer’s processed products in the food and pharma manufacturing industries.
- Developing software solutions as part of the ongoing redesign and update of our UI.
- Measuring performance and creating reports.
- Problem solving as part of a team.
- Assessing project requirements.
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing solutions.
- Presenting solutions to customers and stakeholders.
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Ensuring end to end overview of project is managed and maintained.
- Working alongside the CTO on special development projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
Degree in a relevant subject such as software engineering or computer science.
- Problem solving-skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in any object-oriented programming language.
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to work independently as well as with a variety of teams.
- Image processing experience would be useful, but not vital.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com